[Pw_forum] B3LYP calculation

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 29 01:26:57 CEST 2005

Dear Eduardo,

I'm not sure about the first part. For the second part, I believe that
the way to go in order to combine the good things of hybrid functionals
for molecules, with the good things of LDA/GGA for extended systems, is
to use the HSE functional of Gustavo Scuseria. I do not think it is
implemented anywhere apart from one of the development versions
of Gaussian03, but it's probably the best balanced functional
available.

			nicola