[Pw_forum] XCrySDen scripts

Silviu Zilberman silviu at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jun 9 07:34:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to plot many molecular orbitals with xcrysden, in an
automated fashion. I adapted the script 'plot_all_MO.sh
<http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/prog/plot_all_MO.sh>' that is on the
software web site, and it works fine. However, is I want to plot iso
surfaces with positive and negative values then it becomes more
complicated. Some of the molecular orbitals do not change sign and in
that case specifying a threshold for (say) negative values yields (not
surprisingly) an error message, saying that the threshold value is out
of range.

Is there a way to get in the xcrysden script the minimal and maximal
values of the density? If I have it, then it seems quite easy to modify
the script to fix this problem.

Thanks, Silviu.