[Pw_forum] Error about ph.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Jun 3 20:21:25 CEST 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 13:15, Lijun Zhang wrote:

> I have installed the latest version 2.1.3 with Portland Group compilers
> pgi5.2.4 and the ACML libraries. The pw.x works well,but the ph.x doesn't
> .After the SCF,the error appears,
> ./run_test: line 49: 16082 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
> $PARA_PREFIX /home/pwscf/Yanming/nyl/pwscf/bin/ph.x $PARA_POSTFIX <h.phG.in
> >h.phG.out and the system generate the core.16082 file.
> In old version 2.0.4,this doesn't occur.
> Could anyone tell me why?

very unlikely, based on the above information alone.

If you can, run the same job on a different machine and try to
understand if it is a compiler dependent problem or not; if you
cannot, please provide the data needed to reproduce the error.

See also the many messages  on "segmentation fault" or
"segmentation violation" in the archives of the mailing list,
and the item in the documentation:
http://www.pwscf.org/guide/2.1.3/html-chapter/node9.html#SECTION00090080000000000000

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it