[Pw_forum] Compilazione con g95 su windows 2000

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Fri Jan 28 11:07:21 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 23:22 +0100, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> Gerardo Ballabio maybe has more recent info.

Yes. I compiled the CVS version of Espresso yesterday with an almost
current version of g95 (downloaded 25 Jan). I haven't tried recently
with the stable version, but at least some time ago it worked too.

As mentioned by Paolo, there is a file (CPV/spharmonics.f90) that fails
to compile with the default settings: compilation will stop with an
"internal compiler error" (I've reported it to the g95 maintainer, but
he said it isn't easy to fix). You have to lower the optimization from
-O3 to -O for that file only. The most straightforward way to do that
is: run "make all", when it stops, "cd CPV", copy the last command
issued by make, change -O3 to -O, and rerun it. Then "cd" back to the
top directory and "make all" again. Apart from that, compilation ran
with no problems for me.

Regarding libraries, I used precompiled lapack, atlas and fftw from
Debian GNU/Linux. They require the g2c library, but if you don't have it
available, you can recompile lapack and atlas from source using g95
(fftw need not be recompiled since it's a C library). I have also done
that in the past and it used to work.

After compiling I ran the complete suite of examples (cd examples;
run_all_examples) and most worked. I don't have a detailed list, but at
least all of example01 to example12 and example14 to example17 seem to
have run correctly.

Gerardo