[Pw_forum] (really silly) questions about DOS calculations

Eduardo Ariel Menendez P emenendez at macul.ciencias.uchile.cl
Tue Jan 25 22:27:06 CET 2005

Thank you very much, Paolo.

The problem is only with dos.x, and it arises with this input

&inputpp
 outdir='/home/emenendez/MyPWSCF/Ti3SiC2/DOS/',
 prefix='tisic',
 fildos='tisic.dos',
 ngauss=99,
 degauss=0.01,
 Emin=0, Emax=25.0, DeltaE=0.1
/

If ngauss is set to 0,1 or -1, the DOS is calculated. The problem is
independent of the options used for the nscf calculation (occupation,
smearing,degauss)

Best regards
Eduardo