[Pw_forum] Opteron with pgi compiler and LAM/MPI

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Tue Jan 25 09:37:44 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 14:00 -0800, Paul Tangney wrote:
> Has anybody compiled pwscf on an Opteron cluster with the
> PGI compiler ? I am trying and failing.
>  Also, I don't have any idea what this means,
>  but apparently the  version of MPI is LAM/MPI.... maybe
> this has significance.
>
> When I try to configure I am told that "parallel environment
> not detected". I'm not quite sure how to proceed.

Hi Paul,
the configure script doesn't know specifically about Opteron and
LAM/MPI, thus it just looks for a "libmpi.a" (or .so) in standard places
(and complains if not found). If you know where the MPI library is and
how it's called, just edit the make.sys file generated by configure and
add it by hand to LIBS. Then please let us know, so that we can add that
information to the script.

Gerardo