[Pw_forum] Segmentation Fault

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Jan 19 17:05:06 CET 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 06:39, ma Yanming wrote:

>  I checked the needed max memory, which is about 700M, smaller
>  than the Max memory than 2G of my linux machine.

don't assume that you can use all of the memory of your PC, and
don't forget that the occupied memory always exceeds, sometimes
by a sizable amount, the memory needed just to store the data.
My advice: write a few lines of code that allocate a large array,
check how large is the array that makes your code to crash.

If memory if the problem, in the manual there are some instructions
on how to reduce the required memory.

Paolo