[Pw_forum] Segmentation Fault

ma Yanming yanming_ma at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:38:07 CET 2005

Dear all,

I have a case for BaSi system. There are 54 atoms in the input file.
I can run the pw.x at the unix workstation of Origin2000.
However, when I tried to run the pw.x for the same system in my linux
machine, I met the problem "Segmentation Fault". My linux machine is
Redhat9 and the compiler is pgi5.1. I noticed that "Segmentation Fault" is
usually related to the limits of the stacksixe, filesize, or datasize, etc.
I changed all of them to unlimited. The problem is still there.

Does anyone know the reason for this problem?

Best Regards

Yanming Ma PhD
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences,
National Research Councils of Canada.
100 Sussex
K1A 0R6