[Pw_forum] K-points and the "nscf" calculation

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Jan 7 18:58:07 CET 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 17:51, Roberto G. A. Veiga wrote:

> Should I use the automatic generation of the k-point grid
> in a 'nscf' calculation?

it depends on what you want to calculate. If you need some selected
k-points high-symmetry lines (for instance to plot a band structure)
you should manually supply the selected points; if you need a uniform
grid of k-points (for instance to calculate the DOS with gaussian
broadening), you may use the automatic generation; if you want to
use tetrahedra (for instance to calculate the DOS with tetrahedra)
you must use the automatic generation

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it