[Pw_forum] the warning in scf

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon Jan 3 09:50:02 CET 2005

It's a warning saying that the current threshold in the iterative
diagonalization was too
tight to allows convergence in a small number of iterations for some,
usually the last,
eigenvectors.

If this happens in one or a few intermediate iterations toward scf you
should not worry.
If this happens in the last iteration when scf is achieved this may, in
principle, affect the final results.
If your system is a metal (or even if it is not) you can try to increase
the number of bands and/or change
a little the mixing parameter and see if this solve the problem.

Stefano de Gironcoli