[Pw_forum] nscf calculation

Sergey Lisenkov proffess at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 14 10:21:37 CET 2005

Dear Stefano,

Thank you for your message. I calculate 1D-system, so I need to use k-points only in one direction. Probably, I should use less k-points, because I use tetrahedron method. But I found what is a problem. It is a very simple - no enough disk space. I looked into the files and found that the size of 1 wfc file is around 3 Gb, number of wfc files is a number of processors, and size of .save file is around 15 Gb. They are very very huge. This is a source of my problem. So, because, I have no enough disk space for such calculations, is it possible to reduce the size of these files?

Thanks,
 Sergey