[Pw_forum] pwscf code on CRAY-X1

Andrea Ferretti ferretti.andrea at unimore.it
Fri Dec 30 12:28:09 CET 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Sergey Lisenkov wrote:

>       control = modulo(header,iotk_ncontrol+1)
>                 ^
> ftn-774 ftn: ERROR IOTK_SCAN_TAG_X, File = iotk_scan.F90, Line = 501, Column = 17
>   Improper intrinsic argument type or inconsistent types.

It seems that the compiler complains due to a kind mismatch among the two
integer arguments of the function MODULO:

header is defined as (iotk_scan.f90 and iotk_base.f90 )
integer ( __IOTK_HEADER_KIND ) :: header

where, from iotk_auxmacros.h
#ifndef __IOTK_HEADER_KIND
#  define __IOTK_HEADER_KIND selected_int_kind(8)
#endif

iotk_ncontrol+1 is instead a default integer (iotk_base.f90)

In std fortran 90, shouldn't the MODULO function be able to implicitly
convert among kinds ??  or is it an extension to the std ??

anyway, if this is the problem, I guess some shorter integer exists on this machine,
causing __IOTK_HEADER_KIND to be different from default...
a quick and dirty fix may be changing __IOTK_HEADER_KIND to the default in
iotk_auxmacros.h:

#ifndef __IOTK_HEADER_KIND
#  define __IOTK_HEADER_KIND kind(1)
#endif

I am not so sure this is the problem (but it should be easy to check), and if it is,
I am not sure other troubles are not coming up due to the kind modification...
hope it helps

cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
INFM National Research Center on nanoStructures and bioSystems at Surfaces (S3)
E-mail:  ferretti.andrea at unimore.it