[Pw_forum] A question about Visualizing structure uing XCrySDen

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Aug 10 09:12:43 CEST 2005

Chaohao Hu wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I want to use XCrySDen to visualize LaNi5 (Hexagonal, I=P6/mmm-191). I
> wrote a PW input file which is described as below, but it can not be
> shown as a right crystal structre. While I wrote some other input
> files which is about FCC or BCC structure, it runs very well. Why?

If the structure looks wrong by visualizing it with XCrysSDen is
probably because it is wrong.
I guess your atomic coordinates are ment to be cystal coordinates. If
this is the case you should specify
ATOMIC_POSITIONS crystal
in the input

Please, specify coordinates with at least 6-7 digits ...
or do not complain if symmetry analysis is not what you expect

Stefano de Gironcoli