[Pw_forum] Problems with configuration and compiling of version 2.1.3

Alcantara Ortigoza, Marisol alcantar at phys.ksu.edu
Thu Apr 21 06:58:07 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I was trying to use the new version of the code. After I ran
./configuration (with which I had no problem) I tried to compile all the
programs (make all) but just at the end a compiler error appeared:

======
fortcom: Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please
Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit
cause of this error.
in file (null), line 0, column 0

compilation aborted for path_base.f90 (code 3)
make[1]: *** [path_base.o] Error 3
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/ac/stolbov/pwscf_2.1.3/espresso-2.1.3/Modules'
make: *** [mods] Error 2

===========

Then, I checked the file "config.log" and found several error messages
like:

=======================================ONE==============================
=============
  .
  .
  .
fortcom: Error: conftest.F, line 3: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT
when expecting one of: ( : % . = =>
       choke me
---------------^
fortcom: Error: conftest.F, line 3: This statement is positioned
incorrectly and/or has syntax errors.
       choke me
---------------^
compilation aborted for conftest.F (code 1)
configure:1825: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
|       program main
| #ifndef __GNUC__
|        choke me
| #endif
|
|       end

  .
  .
  .
==========================================TWO===========================
=======

ifort: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-fversion'
/opt/intel/compiler80/lib/for_main.o(.text+0x42): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `MAIN__'

==========================================THREE=========================
=============

fortcom: Error: conftest.F, line 3: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT
when expecting one of: ( : % . = =>
       choke me
---------------^
fortcom: Error: conftest.F, line 3: This statement is positioned
incorrectly and/or has syntax errors.
       choke me
---------------^
compilation aborted for conftest.F (code 1)
configure:2182: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
|       program main
| #ifndef __GNUC__
|        choke me
| #endif
|
|       end

===========================================FOUR=========================
============

conftest.c(2): error: identifier "choke" is undefined
    choke me
    ^

conftest.c(3): error: expected a ";"

compilation aborted for conftest.c (code 2)

==================================FIVE
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif

===================================SIX==================================
===========

conftest.c(9): catastrophic error: could not open source file
"ac_nonexistent.h"
  #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
                             ^

configure:3175: $? = 4

====================================SEVEN===============================
==========

=============================EIGHT=====================================

configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "ESPRESSO"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "espresso"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "ESPRESSO 2.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| char fftwnd ();
| int
| main ()
| {