[Pw_forum] About Se pseudopotential

Matteo Cococcioni matteoc at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 20 15:57:34 CEST 2004

Dear Xianghjun,

attached to this message I send you a pbe ultra soft pseudopotential for Se
which was generated by Nicola Marzari and myself from the David Vanderbilt
database and using his generation code uspp-735. Eyvaz is right: to make it
work we had to (slightly) change the r_c parameters in the se_ps.adat file. In
particular we used:
   1.72       1.7       1.7            rc (3f10.5)
I made few tests on the pseudopotential and it seems to work ok. But do some
more tests before using it and let us know the results you obtain from them.

best,

Matteo