[Pw_forum] parallel environment not found

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Tue Oct 26 18:21:55 CEST 2004

Dear All,

When I use "./configure" it complains "no parallel environment detected",
and in the file "make.sys" the following two lines:
DFLAGS=-D__LINUX -D__INTEL -D__FFTW
LDFLAGS=-Vaxlib -static $(LIBOBJS) $(LIBS)

However, when I use "./configure --enable-shared", it detects the parallel
environment, and in the file "make.sys" the following two lines:
DFLAGS=-D__LINUX -D__INTEL -D__MPI -D__PARA -D__FFTW
LDFLAGS=-Vaxlib $(LIBOBJS) $(LIBS).

I change the two lines in "make.sys" as:

DFLAGS=-D__LINUX -D__INTEL -D__MPI -D__PARA -D__FFTW
LDFLAGS=-Vaxlib -static $(LIBOBJS) $(LIBS)

and execute "makedeps.sh". Then using "make all", proceeds successfully up
to "pwtools" which thanks to Paolo's comment I know the cure.
Now trying to run example01, the computer sleeps and the only nonempty file
in /results is si.scf.daviv.out which contains:

=============================

     Program PWSCF     v.2.1    starts ...
     Today is 26Oct2004 at 20:33:25

     Parallel version (MPI)

     Number of processors in use:      10
     R & G space division:  nprocp =   10

     Ultrasoft (Vanderbilt) Pseudopotentials

     Current dimensions of program pwscf are:
     ntypx =10   npk =40000  lmax = 3
     nchix = 6  ndmx = 2000  nbrx =14 nqfx = 8
Someone please help me to find the way out.
Thanks in advance.

Mahmoud Payami