[Pw_forum] ESpresso with Intel

Serguei Patchkovskii ps at ned.sims.nrc.ca
Fri Oct 15 13:38:50 CEST 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> then there must be another screw-up. those missing symbols
> _are_ in the pthread library. please make sure, that you have

> > "LS" == Lubomir Smrcok <uachsmrk at savba.sk> writes:
> > Dear Axel,
> > this is, unfortunately, of no help. I have got the same messages.
> > Best wishes,

For some reason, this occationally happens in static links with ifc. I believe
the reason is the library order during the link stage - if pthread appears
before the first library which needs it's symbols, static linker won't pull
anything from libpthread.

Adding this:

-Wl,-u,pthread_self -lpthread

to LIBS if often easier than trying to debug the link order.

Serguei

---
Dr. Serguei Patchkovskii

Tel: +1-(613)-990-0945
Fax: +1-(613)-947-2838
E-mail: Serguei.Patchkovskii at nrc.ca

Coordinator of Modelling Software
Theory and Computation Group
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
National Research Council Canada
Room 2011, 100 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0R6 Canada