[Pw_forum] Compiling problems on AMD opteron64 under Linux using MPI

Adrain Zhou adrainzhou at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Oct 12 07:08:43 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I tried to load pwscf on AMD opteron 64 machine under linux. I have obtained a serial executable successfully. But I met the following problems when using MPI.

pgf90-Warning-Unknown switch: -pthread
PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, mpi_real8, has not been explicitly declared (broadcast.F90)
  0 inform,   0 warnings,   1 severes, 0 fatal for broadcast
make[1]: *** [broadcast.o] Error 2

Here is the make.sys I used,
CPPFLAGS = -D__LINUX64 -D__PGI -D__PARA -D_MPI -D_LAM -D__FFTW -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW \
  -I$(OSHOME)/include -I./
#
# Fortran compiler:
F90 = mpif90
F77 = mpif77
CC =  mpicc
#
# Please note: -r8 is necessary for numerical stability ..
#
F90FLAGS =  -fast -r8
F77FLAGS =  -fast -r8
CCFLAGS  =  $(CPPFLAGS)