[Pw_forum] Whirlgif

Tone Kokalj Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Nov 29 16:16:23 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 06:20:09PM +0330, Mahmoud Payami wrote:
> my "whirlgif" is also in /usr/bin   so i did not change the custom-defs.
> I obtain a lot (say some 10) of gif files named anim-x.gif (x=0,1,2,3,..)
> using the arrow key pointing to the right and clicking repeatedly until it
> shows "slide 21/21". Then by stopping, i enter a name which creates a large
> file (about 8 MB) with name we enter in the process of saving.
> However, I do not know how to run animation.

OK, this large file is the animated GIF. You can use some animated GIF
viewer to view it. Here are some possibilities:

+ xanim
+ WEB browsers (mozilla, netscape, ...)
+ OpenOffice impress (for presentations)
+ ...

Regards, Tone

| Anton Kokalj                                 Email: Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si |
| Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry Phone: x 386 1 477 3523   |
| Jozef Stefan Institute                         Fax: x 386 1 477 3811   |
| Jamova 39, SI-1000 Ljubljana                                           |
| SLOVENIA                                                               |