[Pw_forum] Ionic temperature control

sbraccia carlo sbraccia at sissa.it
Fri Nov 26 11:54:31 CET 2004

Dear Gana,

Nose thermostat is not implemented in the pwscf code whereas it is in
both the CP codes of the espresso package. PWscf implements a simple
velocity rescaling (it is coded in the routine PW/dynamics.f90, where
you can find also some instructions on how to use it) whose control
variables are described in the Doc/INPUT_PW file.

If you absolutely need the nose-hoover thermostat and if you have a
routine that implements it (as those typically used in classical MD
codes), I'll try to include it in the pwscf.

Best,

carlo