[Pw_forum] Driving me nuts!

cazzato at democritos.it cazzato at democritos.it
Tue Nov 23 14:31:15 CET 2004

Dear Timothy,  are you sure that you are following the manual in your fpmd
calculation:
    The first run, when starting from scratch, is always an electronic
    minimization, with fixed ions and cell, to bring the electronic
    system on the ground state (GS) relative to the starting atomic
    configuration.

I'm using the current version of espresso and, running your job after the
electronic minimization, atoms move at least.

Paolo Cazzato