[Pw_forum] a question about example06

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 13:36:05 CET 2004

Hi,

This is usually connected to splitting of optical
phonon modes at the \Gamma-point for polar
semiconductors and insulators. I have already done
phonon calculations for FeAl and there was no problem
(please find attached file). More likely, you consider
FeAl as a semiconductor, if you follow the example 6.

Try removing epsil=.true., and then adding keywords
for the metallic case (occupations,smearing, degauss)
in scf.in and nscf.in files.

Best regards,
Eyvaz.