[Pw_forum] phonon frequencies with pwscf and cpmd

Massimiliano Bonomi massimiliano.bonomi at mi.infn.it
Wed Mar 24 14:37:22 CET 2004

Just some explanations.
I did actually the calculation with the same parameters ( cutoff_wfc=30,
cutoff_rho=120,
kpoints_mesh=6 6 6): the phonon frequencies of the two codes are more or
less the same of
the file I have attached. The negative frequencies of pwscf remain
unchanged after using dynmat.x.
But this is not the point. My real question is if everyone can explain
me why this two codes
give such different results in this particular calculation, while the
other analysis on this system
(energies of the occupied and unoccupied states, for example) are
exactly the same.
Can it be due to the use of two different pseudopotentials?

Thanks for your help. Best regards,
Massimiliano Bonomi