[Pw_forum] PW 2.0 - problems with parallelization

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Mar 17 23:35:02 CET 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 01:21, Nicolas Mounet wrote:

> - sometimes, pw just "hangs" without being killed [...]
> - other times (depending on the energy cutoff !), odd errors
> appear at the end of the non self-consistent output file [...]
>
> Note that the old version of pw (1.3.1) worked perfectly well.

You can use CVS to go back in time (cvs update -D date) until
the problem disappear. This might be helpful in locating when the
problem originate, but don't assume that you will find why: since
nothing relevant about parallelization has changed with the last
version, my guess is that your problem comes from incompatible
libraries or from compiler bugs.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it