[Pw_forum] about neb

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Mon Jun 7 15:03:09 CEST 2004

The same way as for any other system, I guess (i.e. a free SiH4
molecule)

For the standpoint of a computer, a "surface" is nothing but a big
molecule with periodic boundary conditions.
As any molecule is treated with periodic boundary conditions in PWscf,
you see that there won't be much difference
(if not for the different weight of the two calculations). Both systems
(a free and an adsorbed molecule) require some
thinking before unleashing supercomputers, though ...

Stefano Baroni