[Pw_forum] compiling on IBM PPC970

Sergei Lisenkov proffess at yandex.ru
Wed Jul 28 14:12:28 CEST 2004

Dear Mike,

  Thank you very much for your help. But the Configure script cannot configure my system ( I use pw-2.0.4):

./configure
checking build system type... powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu
configure: WARNING: unsupported architecture
checking for f90... f90
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output... configure: error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

I looked at the file config.log. There is a problem with f77:
configure:1521: $? = 249
configure:1534: checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output
configure:1537: f90   conftest.f  >&5
f90: 1501-218 file conftest.f contains an incorrect file suffix
/usr/bin/ld:conftest.f: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
/usr/bin/ld:conftest.f:1: parse error
configure:1540: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
|       program main
|
|       end
configure:1579: error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

But xlf works well. What is the problem?

 Thanks a lot,
   Best wishes,
    Sergey Lisenkov