[Pw_forum] Workfunction and Magnetism

Aloysius Soon Sze Lok a.soon at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 20 05:41:23 CEST 2004

Dear all,
I have 2 questions I would like to consult:

1.	After calculating surface energy for a slab calculation, can we use PWSCF
to extract the workfunction of the surface? If so, is it specify somewhere?
I'm interested in comparing the change in the workfunction between the clean
surface and the adsorbate-surface.

2.	As I will be working on magnetic systems very soon, I would like to ask how
to specify it in the run. I understand that some of the parameters like nspin
will be set to 2 and the starting_magnetization(1) will be needed to be set
between -1 and 1. So what would the values 1 and -1 mean? I will be working
specifically on iron sulphide systems.

Many thanks.

--
Aloysius Soon SL