[Pw_forum] vc-relax example

Goranka Bilalbegovic goranka.bilalbegovic at zg.htnet.hr
Thu Jul 8 20:25:05 CEST 2004

David Prendergast wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a working example input file which applies the variable cell
> relaxation (vc-relax) option in PWscf?
>
> I am having some problems converging the cell parameters for a
> hexagonal system and the output does not seem to reflect what I would
> expect.
>
> David.

Hi David,

I am posting an example for the vc-relax input file which was presented
at the PWscf workshop. It was prepared for 1.2.0. You should look at
pwdocs/ChangeLog to see whether there is something new  for vc-relax
after PWscf.1.2.0. I did not use this input file and vc-relax in PWscf,
but the choice of dt in the namelist control  should be the most
sensitive point.

Best regards,
Goranka