[Pw_forum] AMD Core Math Library & PWSCF

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Jan 19 22:15:43 CET 2004

On Monday 19 January 2004 19:27, Konstantin Kudin wrote:

> Actually, I found out that ACML is kind of slow. It is much
> better to use ATLAS, and then ACML for the missing routines.
> Here is the linking order (it is important!!!): [...]

thank you again!

> > 8.0 ? I tried it and got a bunch of "Compiler
> > Internal Error" !
>
>  Perhaps you're using flags which are too fancy. A recent
> CVS pull gave a bunch of errors for things like .times.

this might be a problem of the code, but even if I manage
to go past that section, I get "Compiler Internal Error", and
these are for sure a compiler problem. I haven't tried with
the stable version, though.

> PWSCF 1.3.0, on the other hand, compiles fine with the
> flags:
> -Vaxlib -O2 -tpp6 -Zp8 -axK -xK -ftz -ipo -ipo_obj

I used -Vaxlib -O2 -tpp6 . So, who is the one using fancier
flags :-) ?

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it