[Pw_forum] Feedback on new PWSCF

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Wed Feb 25 16:49:47 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 16:21, Subhradip Ghosh wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to compile the new version in linux PC with Intel fortran
> compiler. I get the following message:
> WARNING: the following problems were detected:
>
>  unsupported C/Fortran compilers combination:
>  CC=cc, F77=f77, F90=f77
>
> you may not be able to compile this program
> Could it be because of the fact that I am not using a Intel C compiler?

Using gcc together with Intel Fortran compiler is ok, that was even the
default some time ago.

The problem is that your Intel F90 compiler isn't found by the configure
script, the reason can be either of these:
- it isn't in your executable path. Set PATH as needed and retry.
- it has a name other than "ifc" (default for versions 7 or earlier) or
"ifort" (default for version 8). In this case, try "configure F90=name".

Gerardo