[Pw_forum] compilation on SUN

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Feb 19 17:00:33 CET 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 14:43, Stefano Piscanec wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the 1.3.0 version of PWscf on a SUN machine
> (based on SunFire F15K nodes), but at the linking stage I'm getting
> the following errors:

> ln_set_                             ../Modules/berry_phase.o
> [...]
> I edited the cp.h in /clib, trying all the possible combinations of
> underscores and capital letters in the definition of the LN_*

which is actually the right thing to do

> but nothing changed [...] Does anyone have a suggestion?

1) verify that every time you changed cp.h, both the library and the
object codes were correctly recompiled
2) use "nm" to determine what the correct combination of underscores
and capital letters is. Yes, there must be one, try again :-)

If you find the solution and let me know it before tomorrow
morning (GMT+1), it might even appear in the next release

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it