[Pw_forum] compilation on SUN

Stefano Piscanec sp344 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 14:43:57 CET 2004

Dear List,

I'm trying to compile the 1.3.0 version of PWscf on a SUN machine (based on SunFire F15K nodes), but at the linking stage I'm getting the following errors:

ln_set_                             ../Modules/berry_phase.o
ln_dealloc_                         ../Modules/berry_phase.o
ln_activate_                        ../Modules/berry_phase.o
ln_alloc_                           ../Modules/berry_phase.o
ln_ind_                             ../Modules/berry_phase.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to memory.x

I edited the cp.h in /clib, trying all the possible combinations of underscores and capital letters in the definition of the LN_* , but nothing changed.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Stefano

PS: my make.sys is:

OSHOME=/auto/users/sp344/PWfranklin
#
# System-dependent Make definitions, SUN parallel (MPI) machines
# (Using sunperf library ) - contributed by Lazaro Caldarin
#
# To use fftw instead of the sunperf library fft subroutine
# add -D__FFTW -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW to CPPFLAGS

# Preprocessor
#
CPP = fpp
CPPFLAGS = -P -DSUN -D__PARA -D__MPI -DHAS_ZHEGVX -I$(OSHOME)/include
# Fortran compiler:
F90 = mpf90
F77 = mpf77
#
F90FLAGS = -fast -xO3  -xarch=v9b -stackvar -xlic_lib=sunperf
F77FLAGS = -fast -xO3 -xarch=v9b -stackvar -xlic_lib=sunperf
#F77FLAGS = -fast -xO3 -xchip=ultra3 -xarch=v9b -stackvar -xlic_lib=sunperf
#
# This is needed to tell the compiler where modules are
#
MODULEFLAG=-M$(OSHOME)/Modules -M$(OSHOME)/PW -M$(OSHOME)/PH
#
#LIBS = -L/opt/SUNWhpc/lib \
#       -R/opt/SUNWhpc/lib -lmvec -lmpi
#
LIBS = -lmvec
LD=$(F90)
LDFLAGS = $(OSHOME)/PW/ptools.a $(OSHOME)/PW/flib.a -fast \
   -xarch=v9b -xlic_lib=sunperf  $(LIBS)
#
# ar:
#