[Pw_forum] Error encountered while attempting to allocate a d ata object.

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon Feb 2 10:36:14 CET 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 21:37, Serguei Patchkovskii wrote:

> Fortran-90 provides a portable way of specifying non-default kinds
> (through the SELECTED_REAL_KIND and SELECTED_INTEGER_KIND
> intrinsics). Why not use those, and make the code portable?

those numbers are supposed to be the lengths of real, integer, complex
numbers, in bytes. In most cases they coincide with the "kind" parameter,
but in principle they aren't the same. I am not aware of any standard and
portable way to obtain that information in fortran-90 (but I am not at all an
expert in f90). The SIZE command reports the size in elements, not in
bytes, of an array.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it