[Pw_forum] "nelec" variable

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Thu Dec 30 14:00:15 CET 2004

Roberto G. A. Veiga wrote:

> I supposed it is the number of valence electrons of the unit cell. Am
> I right?
>
> []s,
>
> Roberto

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=29914/*http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250>

 From the INPUT_PW documentation file:

nelec          REAL
               number of electron in the unit cell
               (may be noninteger if you wish)
               Default: the same as ionic charge (neutral cell)
               A compensating jellium background is inserted
               to remove divergencies if the cell is not neutral

Changing nelec you can consider charged systems.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Giovanni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
INFM-Coherentia and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele