[Pw_forum] error in compiling of PWSCF 2.1 on RedHat 9.0

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 12:15:52 CET 2004

Hi,

It is so nice that you are trying to install the PWSCF
code instead X-mas and New Year preparations.

Well, the error means that you have no Fortran90
compiler  installed on your computer. You can try free
of charge G95 or Intel Fortran compiler. The first you
can download from www.g95.org, and the second from the
Intel site www.intel.com.
For some deatils please have a look to mail archive.

Good luck and Happy New Year,

Eyvaz.

--- Tae-Bum Lee <tblee at insilicotech.co.kr> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I am so happy to find PWSCF for solid state QM level
> calculation using
> pesudopotential......
>
> I would like to test the PWscf for my solid system
> calculation on Redhat
> linux 9.0 system.
> When I try to configure the PWSCF source code on my
> system, I have got
> the error message
> from shell as you see in my attachment. I cannot
> hardly find the way of
> fixing for my
> problem in README or installation guide. Must I edit
> the configure file
> for my 32-bit linux
> system in manually for each system ? From the
> README, the compiling of
> PWSCF is just executed
> by "./configure" and "make install" after untar of
> PWSCF source code.
>
> Because of my poor understanding of autoconf and
> make application, I
> have some trouble to configure
> and compile the PWSCF manually on my system. Is it
> necessary to use
> specific fortran 90 compilier or not ?
> If then, which version of fortran 90 compilier is
> needed ?
>

> If you let me know the best way of problem fixing or
> configuration
> procedure, I appreciate greatly,

name=configure.error

name=config.log