[Pw_forum] FW: error in configure

Gerardo Ballabio g.ballabio at cineca.it
Thu Dec 23 09:57:40 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 18:03 +0900, Tae-Bum Lee wrote:
> Dear colleague,
>
> When I try to compile ESPRESSO 2.1 in my IBM-PC linux cluster, my
> machine made error message during the configuration.
>
> configure:1628: $? = 127
> configure: failed program was:
> |       program main
> |
> |       end
> configure:1667: error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables See
> `config.log' for more details
>
> How I can fix the configuring problem in my machine ?
>
> For your information, I attach the config.log .....

Hi, it seems that you haven't a functional Fortran compiler on your
machine, or that your PATH environment variable isn't set correctly so
that configure can't find it.
Please note that a Fortran 90 compiler is required -- g77 isn't enough.
On the Linux-x86 platform, the officially supported compiler is Intel's
ifort (available at Intel's web site, free for non commercial use). The
open source G95 compiler (www.g95.org) is also known to compile
ESPRESSO.

Gerardo Ballabio