[Pw_forum] errors when running examples - ACML & ZHEGVX

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 00:25:41 CET 2004

 Somehow the recent versions of ACML seem not to like small 'lwork'.
ACML 1.5 works, while 2.0 and 2.5 crash with the "illegal value"
message.

 I have printed out some of the values from PW/cdiaghg.f90 :

  nb = ILAENV( 1, 'ZHETRD', 'U', n, -1, -1, -1 )
  !
  IF ( nb < 1 ) nb = MAX( 1, n )
  !
  write(6,*) 'from ilaenv ',nb
  IF ( nb == 1 .OR. nb >= n ) THEN
     !
     lwork = 2 * n - 1
     write(6,*) 'branch1 ',n,lwork
     !
  ELSE
     !
     lwork = ( nb + 1 ) * n
     write(6,*) 'branch2 ',n,nb,lwork
     !
  END IF

 When the crash happened, the following was printed:

     Starting wfc are atomic
 from ilaenv           28
 branch1            9          17
 lwork =           17
 ** ACML error: on entry to ZHEGVX parameter number 20 had an illegal
value

 Is it really critical to minimize 'lwork'?

 Kostya