[Pw_forum] -D__NEW_PUNCH option

Sergey Lisenkov proffess at yandex.ru
Thu Dec 2 12:16:48 CET 2004

Dear PWscf authors,

I would like to know about the status of -D__NEW_PUNCH option. As I looked at sources using *grep* command, there are no files contains this directive. So, as a result, this option is disabled. I guess this option is preferable for me, because all files will be stored at single file.

Now I have a serious problem, because during run of PWscf the code extensively write the files and load of our network is very high (for running I use NFS catalog, no other choices) and other users and system managers are very upset about that. They said the the code write extremely hard on the disk. Is it possible to reduce a load of NFS?
  Thanks a lot,
   Best wishes,
      Sergey