[Pw_forum] rotational ASR in nanotube

WU Gang wugaxp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:45:23 CEST 2004

Dear Mr. Baroni,

Regretfully, I have not think out a good method to use your excellent
idea. I tried to use your suggestion, but I find this can only fix the
dynamical matrix at Gamma point, and the original force constant
matrix can not be fixed. And because of using |u_0> as a known
quantity, I think this method can not be seen as a common method.
But I find another method to apply the ASRs.
First, with some simple analysis, we can express four ASRs as some
equations, which can be regarded as some restrictions. Now my aim is
to add a correctional matrix to original force constant matrix, and
make this correctional matrix is small enough. So after I set a value
to define the "size" of the correctional matrix, I get a conditional
optimization question. After introducing some Lagrange multipliers, I
can simplify my question to solving a series of linear algebraic
equations.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Good luck,
Gang Wu