[Pw_forum] compiling pwsf for lam-mpi pc cluster

Mickael Profeta profeta at sissa.it
Thu Aug 19 13:56:23 CEST 2004

Hi

> Could any one have this experience tell me how to compile pwscf for
> intel P4 pc cluster, compiler present are those of linux redhat fedora
> core and 7.3 versions. Here I have a question: the presece of lam on the
> machine where I compile pwscf is necessay or not. If it is not, can I do
> it on other machine that contains inelfortran but lam is not present?

- on a 'standard' installation of linux distribution, there is no
fortran 90 compiler. You have to instal one, either intel, or portland
or g95...

- you can compile on another similar machine, but, you must check that
you have the same version of the C librairies.

- If you want to compile for a parrallel execution of the code, you must
have the mpi libraries intalled on the computer where you compile the
code, lam-mpi in your case. If not, you will only be able to produce a
serial version of the code

Mickael