[Pw_forum] Adding zggev and dgemm

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Wed Aug 11 08:21:27 CEST 2004

Dear PW users,
I am trying to install PWSCF2.0.4 using the "./configure" command.
My system is ifort8+mkl5.2.
mkl is installed on "/opt/intel/mkl".
As I inspected, the "configure" script searches for that directory so, does it search for all "*.a" files in "opt/intel/mkl/lib/32"?
During the running of "configure", I received the message containing:

"zggev"  and "dgemm" was not found in the libraries.
I downloaded these subroutines and using "ifort -c zggev.f" and "ifort -c dgemm.f" made the object files.
Next I used the command in the UG:  "ar rv libmkl_p4.a zggev.o dgemm.o" to add these in that library.
However, the "configure" command did not recognize.
I tried to use "./configure LIBDIR="/opt/intel/mkl/lib/32", but failed to fix the problem.
My question is if I have chosen the right library to add the two object files.
Second question is that: sould I install mpi for k-point paralellization?
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

With best regards,

Mahmoud Payami