[Pw_forum] installation problem

Prasenjit Ghosh prasenjit at jncasr.ac.in
Mon Aug 9 13:54:23 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I tried to install PWscf v.2.0.4 with GUI, on a linux pc using intel
compiler. the following is the message I'm getting while installing using
the ./configure command:

checking for mpif90... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for f90... no
checking for mpif77... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for f77... f77
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether f77 accepts -g... yes
checking for f77... f77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether f77 accepts -g... yes
checking for cc... cc
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
configure: WARNING: unsupported C/Fortran compilers combination
setting FFLAGS...
setting F90FLAGS...
setting CFLAGS... -O
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
setting CPPFLAGS...
setting LD... f77
setting LDFLAGS...
setting AR... ar
setting ARFLAGS... ruv
checking whether Fortran files must be preprocessed... yes
checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
in /usr/local/pgplot: checking for library containing fftwnd... no
checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /usr/local/lib: checking for library containing dgemm... no
in /usr/local/pgplot: checking for library containing dgemm... no
checking for library containing dgemm... -lblas
checking for library containing zggev... -llapack
checking for library containing mpi_init... no
setting LIBS... -llapack -lblas
checking for library containing mpi_init... (cached) no
checking for library containing zggev... (cached) -llapack
checking for library containing zhegvx... none required
checking for library containing fftwnd... (cached) no
setting DFLAGS... -D__LINUX -DHAS_ZHEGVX -D__FFTW -D__USE_INTERNAL_FFTW
setting MYLIB...
checking module dependencies... done
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for float... yes
checking size of float... 4
checking for double... yes
checking size of double... 8
checking for char... yes
checking size of char... 1
checking for void *... yes
checking size of void *... 4
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating make.sys
config.status: creating make.rules
PWscf can take advantage of several optimized numerical libraries
(essl, fftw, mkl...). This configure script attempts to find them,
but may fail if they have been installed in non-standard locations.

The following libraries have been found:
  LIBS= -llapack -lblas

If any libraries are missing, you may specify a list of directories
to search and retry, as follows:
  ./configure LIBDIRS="list of directories, separated by spaces"

For more information, read the INSTALL file or the PWscf manuals.
WARNING: parallel environment not detected
this program will run in single-processor mode
WARNING: the following problems were detected:

 unsupported C/Fortran compilers combination:
 CC=cc, F77=f77, F90=f77

you may not be able to compile this program

Can any one of you throw any light on it. To me it appears that it can't
recognize the ifc compiler. but i don't know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Prasenjit