[Pw_forum] Electron Phonon coupling

Manish Jain manij at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 00:19:52 CEST 2004

Hi Eyvaz,

Thanks for your response. I am a bit confused though.

I was talking about calculating the electron phonon coupling matrix
elements... As I understand,
in semiconductors and insulators have these couplings. What is absent is the
line width due to
electron phonon scattering because of this because there are no states
available at the fermi level.
All I wanted to confirm was that I can calculate the coupling matrix
elements with pwscf for
insulators. I understand that taking it further and calculating the
linewidths is not possible.

Thanks,
Manish