[Pw_forum] AIM routines for PWSCF ?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Sep 3 19:23:26 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 18:20, Goranka Bilalbegovic wrote:
> [...]
> How important is the sentence in the header of voronoy.f90:
> "Note that this is a very rough way to associate charges to atoms
>   and that it is well defined only if all atoms are of the same type" ?

how important I don't know, but I subscribe to that statement
(I wrote it years ago ...)

> In addition, projwave calculates the Lowdin charges.
> Perhaps, it is also useful ?

if one wants just atomic charges, I guess that Lowdin charges
(or Mulliken, or whatever recipe) are just fine. There is more
than this in AIM methods, though.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19