[Pw_forum] pw.1.3.0 on Linux cluster (mpirun)

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Thu Nov 13 10:56:52 CET 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 09:05, Goranka Bilalbegovic wrote:

> I am executing  pw.1.2.0 on the Linux cluster (mpi, PBS)

compiler ?

> without problems using PARA_PREFIX = mpirun -np 8,
> PARA_POSTFIX = -npool 8.
> However, pw.1.3.0 does not work on the same cluster with the
> same execution line. Job starts,

on how many processors ? it is written when execution starts

> but the files in out_dir  are not formed.

does the calculation go on ? does it stop with error message ?
without ?

> I also tried with  PARA_PREFIX = mpirun -n 8 (i.e, as for clusters using
> mpiexec). Then the file (for example 1) silicon.save is formed in out_dir,
> but it does not take n as a number of processors.

it shouldn't, I think: just one *.save file is written, independently on
the number of processors used

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19