[Pw_forum] upf for siesta pseudopotentials

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Mon May 5 19:18:50 CEST 2003

Hi Kurt

> I would like to read siesta pseudopotentials with pwscf.
> Has anybody made a converter to upf?

not that I know. It shouldn't be that difficult, but
remember: PWscf uses separable PP only, and
only projectors are stored in the upf format, not
pseudopotentials in semilocal form. In order to
build the former from the latter, you need in any
case the pseudowavefunctions.

> Can pwscf run without information about the pseudowavefunctions?

it should, unless you want to calculate projections on
atomic wavefunctions and similar stuff

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19