[Pw_forum] installation Error

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Mar 28 14:46:32 CET 2003

Hi

> You need another library 'fftw'. You can get the source files of 'fftw'
> from www.fftw.org. When you compile fftw, libfftw.a can be obtained in
> ($your fftw directory)/fftw/.lib/.

correct. Note that some Linux distributions (notably SuSe) may have
fftw available as "-ldfftw" (d = double precision version)

> You may need to change config.h to define fortran header file with two
> underscore function.

then you have to add one underscore to fftw function names
in CPPFLAGS (intel compiler adds one underscore)

To everybody: please keep message length under 40 Kb or so.

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19