[Pw_forum] run error

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Sat Mar 22 12:20:40 CET 2003

HI

> I compiled new code used only efc (Intel) compiler and MKL library
> without fftw (I think, fftw include in MKL).

wrong: MKL has its own set of ftt routines, but they are not presently
used in PWscf. You need MKL _and_ FFTW, unless you write the
drivers for MKL fft. You may also use the fortran routines that are
supplied with PWscf (define -DCERNFFT) but they are _very_
slow

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19