[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Serguei Patchkovskii ps at ned.sims.nrc.ca
Thu Jun 26 18:00:43 CEST 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Jonathan Breeze wrote:
> compilers.  Unfortunately, there isn't a Fortran90 compiler available for
> Cygwin, so you would have to use an old version of the PW source code that
> uses f77.

Portland group pgf90 works fine with cygwin. I would expect it compile
pwscf with no trouble at all (I did use it to compile several other
Unix packages, with only minor tweaking).

The drawback is that pgf90 is not free - however, neither it is
outrageously expensive. See http://www.pgroup.com/

Serguei

---
Dr. Serguei Patchkovskii

Tel: +1-(613)-990-0945
Fax: +1-(613)-947-2838
E-mail: Serguei.Patchkovskii at nrc.ca

Coordinator of Modelling Software
Theory and Computation Group
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
National Research Council Canada
Room 2011, 100 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0R6 Canada