[Pw_forum] Error: pseudo file is empty or wrong

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Fri Jun 6 15:08:03 CEST 2003

Hi

>      from read_ncpp : error #         1
>      pseudo file is empty or wrong

read_ncpp reads a norm-conserving pseudopotential:
is this what you want ?

> [...] My pseudo file is OK, I use it in another machine.

verify that pseudo_dir is set to the correct value.
The code checks for the existence of the file and issues
a different error message in such a case, but you might
have an empty file from a preceding failed run.

Beware: in the 1.2.0 version, some character variables
containing directory and file names are somewhat short.

If you still don't see anything wrong: in PW/readin.f90,
just before the call to read_ncpp, add a line
	call system ('cat '//file_pseudo)
This will send the content of the pseudo file to the output.

If you still don't see anything wrong, you have to go
through  PW/read_ncpp.f90 and see where the code
stops

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19